“We are very excited to launch this new version of 3CX Phone System for Windows. 3CX’ development team has proved that we can turn around new versions and new features in record time. What would take years on traditional PBXs takes only months on a software-based PBX like ours; simply because the structure is much more manageable” said Nick Galea, CEO at 3CX.
“With our new Windows 2008 support, organizations can virtualize the PBX and run a phone system without the need for an appliance or an extra server. This means lower administration costs, no extra hardware and less energy consumption.”
10 Key New Features of 3CX Phone System for Windows v6.0
- Call conference service – up to 32 participants.
- Windows 2008 server support – run a PBX virtualized.
- Paging – page groups of users to broadcast a message.
- Intercom – with two-way audio capability.
- Support for Vegastream gateways (Patton & Audiocode already supported).
- Enhanced SIP interoperability – addition of support for many leading international VoIP providers and SIP phones.
- BLF provisioning – automatic provision of BLF lights indicating extension status on phones.
- Phonebook Provisioning – listing all extensions and allowing addition of custom entries.
- Fax – 3CX’ fax server allows the whole network to send and receive faxes.
- Extended HTTP API - ability to switch recording on/off, disable an extension, and disable outbound calls for an extension.
3CX Phone System for Windows allows businesses to completely break free from the restrictions of costly hardware-based, proprietary phone systems. It also includes many other features that make 3CX Phone System easy to install, configure, manage and use; helping businesses increase employees’ mobility and productivity.
Four available editions: Small Business, Pro, Enterprise and Free
3CX Phone System is available in four editions, all supporting an unlimited number of extensions. The Free edition is limited to 8 simultaneous calls, whereas, the commercial editions can be extended beyond that and have a more extensive feature set. The Small Business version supports up to 8, the Pro version up to 16 and the Enterprise edition supports up to 32 simultaneous calls. Call capacity can be expanded with upgrade packs. A detailed edition comparison chart can be found on http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html.
3CX Phone System Free edition
A Free edition, supporting an unlimited number of extensions, is also available. It can be downloaded from http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system.html.